Who we are
We are Push. A leading eCommerce and technology services company for the world’s major entertainment brands. Founded in 2005, we pride ourselves on being forward-looking, dynamic and innovative.
We are a team of 40 people working across technology, eCommerce, delivery and customer service to ensure high standards for clients and customers alike. And we’re growing.
Our culture is fast paced and collaborative. We love learning and we’re constantly developing and exploring new technologies and approaches to continuously improve what we do – inside and out.
We’ve been a distributed business from the day we started. It’s really important to us to stay connected and we get together regularly for company and team meetings, learning sessions and celebrations too.
We’re currently looking for new and exceptional talent to join our existing team and to grow and develop with us. Come join us at Push.
You will be working in a small dedicated team of highly skilled engineers in an atmosphere that is relaxed and friendly and where we maintain a laser focus on delivering excellence and value for our clients.
The role of the Dev Ops Engineer is wide ranging and you’ll need to work effectively in both development and infrastructure. Primarily your role will be infrastructure / tooling focused – helping us to maintain and improve the platforms and codebases that deliver tens of millions of page requests per month. Robustness and security at scale are key components of our success. All our platforms are hosted within AWS, so a good working knowledge of the core AWS products is essential. The majority of our backend code is PHP, so solid experience in this is necessary.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes
- Patching and maintaining existing infrastructure / tooling
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Understanding the needs of clients & stakeholders, planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
Your Skills & Experience
- Recent 2:1 or above degree in Computer Science/Computing/Software Engineering (preferred, but not essential)
- Solid commercial experience working in a similar role (2 years+)
- Proven experience in DevOps / SysAdmin / Infrastructure related role(s)
- Proven experience of working with the core AWS products (IAM, EC2, RDS, CloudWatch etc.)
- Good understanding of scalable and redundant systems architecture.
- Interest and experience with Docker + containerization, Kubernetes knowledge will be a big bonus
- Experience with Chef + OpsWorks
- Experience of CI/CD tooling and workflows (Code Pipelines, Jenkins etc.)
- Solid Linux experience – you will need to be comfortable in the command line. Competent BASH scripting, environment variable management, understanding of file system permissions etc.
- An understanding of DevOps security best practices.
- A good understanding of PHP development and past experience with at least one PHP framework.
- A solid understanding of the web – HTTP requests/responses, headers etc.
- We work a lot with Shopify and WordPress – experience with these is a big bonus, but not essential – we can teach someone with the motivation to learn
- Experience with our administration tools would be an advantage (JIRA, Google Suite)
What else do we look for
Across the board at Push we look for people who are great communicators with a positive, can-do approach to work and life. Keen learners and generous collaborators who share what they know to help our business continuously improve and grow.
- Excellent analytical skills & problem solving ability
- Good interpersonal, communication, organisation and time management skills
- A strong commitment to meeting deadlines and delivering above expectations
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and work on several projects simultaneously
- Strong self-motivation to continue learning new skills + languages
- Experience of working within a distributed and fast paced environment.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple incoming/outgoing communications across Slack, email etc.
- Ability to work proactively, methodically and at speed.
We are offering
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Experience working at the cutting edge of technology
- Ongoing development opportunities
- Working from home
All our roles require full Right to Work in the UK.You’ll need a quiet, dedicated space at home to work, free from distractions.
A reliable high-speed broadband connection is a must.